TERMS AND CONDITIONS
A quote issued by The Moving Company Inc is always prepared as carefully as possible, considering all the information provided by Customer. It is based on the assumption that the customer’s place of residence/business will be properly packed (See note A) and ready to move upon The Moving Company Inc crew arrival, unless packing is included.
Minimum charge is 5 hours includes, 2 hours of labor (service time) and 1-hour travel fee (for moves within Vancouver city limits) (See note B). After initial 2 hours, service time will be billed in 15-minute increments.
There is a $60 fixed fee for moving oversized and/or heavy items exceeding 250 lbs, such as pool tables, air hockey tables, safes, etc.
We accept the following methods of payment for this deposit:
– Credit cards: Please follow the link below to pay online. When prompted, please enter the postal code for the billing address of your credit card, which sometimes is different from your primary residence.
– Email transfer: Please send email transfers to firstname.lastname@example.org and note your full name and the job invoice number in the comments.
– Deposit is fully refundable if/when the appointment is cancelled with at least 2-week advance notice. Deposit if fully credited towards your final service bill if/when:
• An appointment is rescheduled with at least 24 hours advance written notice, and
• An appointment is rescheduled no more than 2 times
Deposit will be forfeited if/when above conditions are not satisfied
Deposit will be applied in full towards the final bill, which will be due upon completion of services.
6. Invoice is due upon completion of services.
7. When paying with a credit card, a 3% credit card processing fee will be applied.
1. Complimentary Basic Cargo Protection coverage is included with all services provided by The Moving Company Inc.
• The Moving Company Inc liability is limited at up to $0.60 CAD per pound weight of damage item(s) under this basic coverage.
• Premises Protection coverage is also provided COMPLIMENTARY. A Moving Company Inc crew supervisor will complete a walk around at every location prior to commencing work. If The Moving Company Inc crew causes any damages to the premises (wall, floors, handrails), The Moving Company Inc will assume full responsibility. Customers must document any and all damages in writing, get that signed off by the crew supervisor and email the damage report to email@example.com before crew’s departure. No late damage claims to the premises will be accepted and/or compensated.
2. Replacement Value Cargo Protection coverage is also available upon request at additional fee.
• This simply means that if a damaged item cannot be repaired, it will be replaced with a new one of like kind and quality at current fair market value. Coverage is limited at an agreed upon valuation cap of $10 CAD per pound weight (at $0 CAD deductibles), but not exceeding a maximum of $2,500 CAD per individual damaged item. This coverage cost will be calculated at a rate of $5 CAD per every $1,000 CAD of declared total value. For example, if total replacement
value is 80,000 CAD (based on 8,000 lbs cargo weight), an additional
RVP coverage cost of $400 will be due prior to moving.
• Items of extraordinary value – A protection coverage for items valued at over $2,500 individually can also be purchased ONLY when a
Replacement Value Cargo Protection is purchased for the entire load. The items of extraordinary value must be listed separately on an inventory list (item, description, current fair market value) and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to moving. This coverage cost will be calculated at a rate of $15 CAD per every $1,000 CAD of declared total value. For example, if total replacement value is 10,000 CAD, an additional EOV coverage cost of $150 will be due prior to moving.
3. Structurally Weak Items/Furniture – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for damages to items that are structurally weak, unless there are clear signs of external physical damage caused by The moving Company Inc as a result of undue care handling and/or moving that item. These items include, but are not limited to, simulated wood, particle board or pressed board furniture. These items/materials are structurally weak and are typically not repairable. If not contracted to pack prior to moving, The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for damages caused to items that needed to be disassembled prior to handling/moving to avoid damages.
4. Electrical Goods – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for internal damages to electrical goods, where no signs of external physical damage can be seen. Some electrical goods may develop unavoidable faults no matter how carefully handled.
5. Appliances – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for dents or scratches on major appliances. Appliances are covered by a thin metal that has an extreme affinity to dents and scratches.
6. Items with Water – Freezers, refrigerators, waterbeds, aquariums must be emptied and drained prior to the move.
7. Fragile Items – Dishware, porcelain, glasses, mirrors, framed pictures, lamp shades, specialty items are not covered if not packed by The Moving Company Inc using adequate packing materials (See note A). No matter who packed the goods, The Moving Company Inc crew will take an equal amount of care and diligence to ensure fragile items are moved as safely as possible.
8. Boxed Items – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for damaged boxed items that were not packed by The Moving Company Inc. It is customer’s responsibility to inspect the boxes for signs of external physical damages caused by The Moving Company Inc upon delivery. All externally damaged boxes must be inspected prior to crew’s departure and in crew’s presence. Any and all damages must be documented and acknowledged with a signature by the crew’s supervisor and emailed to email@example.com prior to crew’s departure.
9. Self-inspection – It is customer’s responsibility, before signing off at the end of the job:
• to inspect their belongings for reassurance that those were delivered in full and in good condition;
• to inspect the back of the truck for reassurance that nothing was left behind
10. Lost or missing items – when delivery of goods is scheduled NOT on the same day of the pick up, the customer is responsible to create a detailed inventory list of the goods, get it acknowledged with a signature by The Moving Company inc crew supervisor upon completion of truck(s) loading and email a copy of the same inventory list to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the day when pick up is completed. The Moving Company Inc will not be liable for any missing items that were not on the inventory list.
11. Downtime – Any/all downtime is billable (waiting for elevator setup, property key holder is late, traffic, customer inspecting his/her belongings upon delivery, etc.).
a. Time spent by The Moving Company Inc crew on breaks is not billable unless
customer chooses otherwise
12. Valuables – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for loss or damage to accounts, bills, checks, evidence of debts, letters of credit, passports, tickets, documents, manuscripts, notes, engineering drawings, securities, currency, money, precious stones, jewelry, or other similar valuables. Customers shall take full responsibility for moving the above-mentioned valuables themselves.
13. Risky Tasks – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for damages caused by non-routine moving including but not limited to standing pieces on end, sharp turns, over- crowded work areas, difficult stairways, snags and sharp edges in work areas and doorways, handing over balconies, railings, etc., tight squeezes, and damage caused by weather.
14. Unavoidable Damages Not Covered – Damages occurred due to the size of the item compared to the size of a hallway, door frame, staircase, and elevators or similar. Movers will attempt to move such items, but damages may occur. Customers must stop the movers if deemed unsafe or risky. If movers are moving an item and there is a snag on a door frame or stairwell and it nicks or tears an item, The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for such damages.
15. Absent Customers – Customers are encouraged to be present throughout the entire move. A crew will point out any scratches, marks, or other damages, which Customer may have overlooked. If Customers are absent to witness the entire process, then the customer automatically accepts the items in the condition which those will be delivered. In this case, The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for any missing or damaged items, or items that were not moved.
16. Loss of Value – The Moving Company Inc does not cover, under any protection plan, any loss of value due to damage and subsequent repairs.
17. Limits of Liability – The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for damages to or loss of a complete set or unit, when only part of such set is damaged or lost, in which event
The Moving Company Inc shall only be liable for the damaged piece(s).
18. No Liability – The Moving Company Inc shall assume no liability whatsoever, if Customer chooses to assist or interfere in any part during the moving process.
19. Disclaimer – The Moving Company Inc will not guarantee assembly of any item(s) that are new in box, unless agreed upon in advance. It is recommended that customers consult with a Third Party specializing in assembly services for such items.
a. The Moving Company Inc does not guarantee to assemble an already
disassembled furniture, unless a manual or another guidance is provided
b. The Moving Company Inc does not guarantee to assemble certain furniture items, such as furniture composed of MDF, particle board, compressed wood chips, etc.
20. The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for risks associated with assembly/disassembly of baby cribs, water beds, tanning beds, gas appliances, pool tables or pianos.
21. The Moving Company Inc shall not be held liable for risks associated with wall mounting flat screen TV’s or removing TV’s from the wall mount, bolting/unbolting items on/from walls and ceilings, connecting/disconnecting washing machines, drying machines, dishwashers, freezers and fridges. All appliances must be disconnected and drained prior to The Moving Company Inc crew arrival.
1. Walk around at every location will be conducted by The Moving Company Inc crew supervisor with customers to identify any/all pre-existing major damages as well as damages caused by The Moving Company Inc crew, including but not limited to walls, floors, furniture, etc.
2. Customers must document any/all damages in writing, get that signed off by the crew supervisor and email the damage report to email@example.com prior to crew’s departure. No late damage claims will be accepted and/or compensated.
3. Customer assumes full responsibility for the following, but not limited to:
• Bulky/heavy items carried through narrow hallways, door frames and staircases.
• Structurally weak items
• Items NOT boxed/packed/crated by The Moving Company Inc
• Fragile items (dishware, porcelain, glasses, mirrors, framed pictures, lamp shades, specialty items) not packed by The Moving Company Inc
• Appliances, electronics, TVs. Etc.
• Damages not documented and/or acknowledged by the crew supervisor prior to crew’s departure.
4. Unless all due invoices are paid in full, The Moving Company Inc will not attend to and/or process any damage claims. It is illegal for a customer to deduct any amount from the final bill as a compensation in the event of a damage.
(A) * A term “properly packed” considers the following: all loose items packed into like sized boxes. All delicate items and glassware packed into like sized boxes with items individually wrapped with packing paper and/or bubble wrap. All packed boxes should not weigh over 45 lbs each, or a box weight rating whichever is less. All boxes with fragile/delicate items must clearly be labeled as “FRAGILE.” All packed boxes should be labeled with room designation at the “moving to” address. All larger furniture items with drawers and other moving parts should be shrink wrapped. All large furniture (i.e. beds, sofas and specialty items) should be disassembled. All large mirrors, paintings, pictures, and/or glass pieces should be either bubble wrapped, blanketed, boxed or a combination. All pillows, cushions etc. should be packed into plastic bags and/or tall wardrobe boxes. Floor lamp posts should be detached from their heavy bases. Light bulbs should be removed from all lighting fixtures and placed in a box. Lamp shades should be packed separately in boxes. All loose items shall be bundled together as much as practical using shrink wrap and/or tape. All of the above preparation steps are required in order to facilitate loading and unloading of a moving truck. Should these steps not be completed prior to The Moving Company Inc crew arrival, the moving could potentially take longer than originally estimated or quoted.
(B) * For local services within Metro Vancouver and lower mainland area, a 1-hour fixed travel time fee will apply for moves within 50 km round trip distance from Vancouver city center, a 1.5-hours fixed travel time fee – between 50 – 75 km round trip from Vancouver city center, and a 2-hours fixed travel time fee – between 75 – 100 km round trip from Vancouver city center. Moves exceeding a 100 km round trip distance will be considered as long distance moves, which will be quoted differently.